All preferences expressed will be considered equally. If the number of children requiring admission does not exceed the school’s published admission number, all the children will be offered admission.
Please find our below our school admission arrangement – or to speak to someone in person contact school
Take a look at our school prospectus
If your child is not offered a place at their chosen high school, you can appeal against that decision to an independent appeal panel. Request an appeal form by phoning Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council on 01254 666605. Once you have completed your form, please return it to the council.
Details of the hearing will be sent to you 10 school days before your appeal is heard. You will be invited to attend the appeal hearing to tell the independent panel why you feel your child should have a place at your chosen school.
School Appeals Timetable
- 31st March 2021: Deadline for on-time appeals. Appeals will be accepted after this deadline but they may be heard at a later date than appeals lodged on time.
- 26th April to 14th May 2021: Notice of hearing issued. For appeals lodged on time, notice of appeal hearing date and time should be issued in this time.
- 11th May to 11th June 2021: Appeal Hearing will take place. All appeals lodged before the deadline of 31st March 2021 will be heard before the end of 11th June 2021.
- 25th June to 1st July 2021: Notice of hearing information issues for late appeals. For appeals lodged after the deadline, notice of appeal hearing date and time should be issued in this time period.
- w/c 12th July 2021: Late appeal hearings will take place. Hearings for appeals lodged after the deadline of the 31st March 2021 will take place before the end of the 16th July 2021.*
*Appeal hearings for all appeals lodged after 31st March 2021 will be heard with the on time appeals wherever possible. If they cannot be heard with the on-time appeals, they will be heard within 30 school days of the date the appeals is lodged. In some circumstances, this may mean appeals for the September intake will be heard after the school’s summer holidays. Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council will endeavour to stick to the above dates wherever possible, however please be aware that these dates may be subject to change depending on the numbers of appeals received.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, hearings will take place via telephone conference calls.