High expectations of uniform and personal appearance help to create a greater sense of equality and high standards amongst the student body.
We expect all students to wear their uniform, be smart and presentable, both when on the school premises and when representing the school off site.
Items marked with an asterisk '*' are optional, otherwise items are compulsory.
- Blazer – Grey blazer with purple piping. Logo on the left chest. Flaps on the pockets. (Branded item only)
- Jumper – Purple jumper with a grey stripe around the neck. (Branded or unbranded, must have grey stripe)
- Tie – Clip on purple and grey tie. Additional colour stripe for each year group. (Branded item only)
- Trousers – Grey formal school trousers. Fashion belts are not permitted. (Branded or unbranded)
- Skirt – Purple and grey tartan, knee length, stitched down box pleated skirt. Worn with either opaque black tights (minimum 80 denier) or plain black ankle socks. (Branded or unbranded, must be correct pattern)
- Shirt – Long or short sleeve plain white formal school shirt with collar. (Branded or unbranded)
- Shoes – Plain black flat formal shoes. No boots or trainers allowed. Worn with plain black or grey socks. (Branded or unbranded)
- Hijab * (Head Scarf) – Optional 2-piece purple head scarf, plus year badge worn on left lapel, worn in addition to school tie. (Branded or unbranded, must be purple)
- Bag – Sensible school bag to fit A4 folders. (Branded or unbranded)
- Outdoor Winter Clothing – Plain dark coloured coat. Scarf, hat and gloves are recommended for outdoor use and can be any dark colour (Branded or unbranded)
- Rugby Top – Half sleeved purple and grey quarter rugby top with black collar and black school logo on left hand side. (Branded item only)
- Sports Socks – Purple football socks with black hoops. (Branded or unbranded)
- Shorts/Skort – Compulsory plain black shorts/skirt. (Branded or unbranded)
- Tracksuit bottoms* – Optional plain black tracksuit bottoms. (Branded or unbranded)
- Hooded Track Top* – Optional plain black hooded tracksuit top. Available from Whittakers Schoolwear. (Branded or unbranded)
- Suitable Footwear – Trainers to be worn for indoor use, pumps are not allowed. Football boots required for outside lessons on grass. (Branded or unbranded)
- Hairstyle – Should be sensible and a natural colour. No lines shaved in hair or eyebrows.
- Makeup – No makeup may be worn in Years 7, 8 and 9. Year 10 and 11 are allowed to wear minimal eye-liner. No other makeup, foundation, or fake tan is allowed. Nail extensions, acrylic nails, and nail varnish are not permitted. The use of fashion contact lenses in school is also not permitted.
- Jewellery – Students may wear one pair of small earrings (studs or sleepers) in ear lobes, and a wristwatch. No other jewellery is allowed. Nose, tongue, eyebrow or other piercings are not allowed.
Our School Uniform is available from:
20-26 Church Street
Tel: 01254 676047
The School Uniform Company
Unit 1 River Street
Tel: 01254 658787
Second-hand uniform is sometimes available from:
2-3 Thomas St