At Blackburn Central High School we expect all students to wear their uniform, be smart and presentable, both when on the school premises and when representing BCHS off site.
- Grey Blazer – Purple piping and BCHS badge on the left chest.
- Purple Jumper – Grey stripe around the neck & BCHS logo on the left chest.
- Shirt – Long or short sleeve plain white formal school shirt with collar.
- Tie – Clip on purple & grey tie. See PDF below for additional colour stripe for each year group.
- Trousers – Grey trousers with BCHS logo below the left waist band.
- Skirt – Purple & grey tartan, knee length, stitched down box pleated skirt. Worn with either opaque black tights (minimum 80 denier) or plain black ankle socks.
- Head Scarf – Optional 2-piece. Purple inner & outer, plus year badge to be worn on top left lapel of blazer.
- Shoes – Plain black flat formal shoes, no boots.
- Coat – Plain dark coloured coat or BCHS cagoule.
- Sensible school bag to fit A4 folders.
- Rugby Top – Half sleeved purple and grey quarter rugby top with black collar and BCHS logo on the left side.
- Shorts/Skort – Compulsory plain black shorts/skort with a BCHS logo on the left side.
- Tracksuit bottoms – Optional plain black tracksuit bottoms with a BCHS logo on the left leg.
- Socks – Purple football socks with black hoops.
- Suitable Footwear – Trainers for indoor use, no pumps. Football boots required for lessons on grass.
- No make-up may be worn by students in Years 7, 8 and 9.
- For students in Year 10 and 11 – Minimal eye-liner may be worn. No other make-up, foundation etc. is allowed.
- The use of fake tan is not allowed.
- Students hairstyles should be sensible and of a natural colour.
- High fashion/extreme styles or unnatural colours are NOT allowed.
- No lines shaved in eyebrows.
- Students may wear one pair of small earrings – studs or sleepers and 1 small ring.
- We do not allow nose studs, tongue studs, eyebrow piercings or any other piercings.
- Students may wear a wristwatch.
- No other jewellery is allowed.
- Scarves, hats and gloves are permitted for outdoor use and can be of any dark colour.
- An optional cagoule with the school logo on is available from Schoolwear For Less.
Uniform available from:
20-26 Church Street, Blackburn, BB1 5AL
Tel: 01254 676047
Schoolwear For Less
Unit 1, River Street, Blackburn BB1 1EG
Tel: 01254 485573