I would like to welcome you to what has been a very successful start to the new school year. Our new year seven students have settled in quickly and are a welcomed addition to the school. At BCHS we feel that it is very important that we develop students’ literacy skills. Reading is undertaken by all students in yr7, yr8 and yr9 in the mornings. Please support your son/daughter to read regularly at home and share what they are reading with the family.
I know you will agree that it is essential that we are kept up to date with your son/daughters medical needs, with that in mind please complete and return the attached medical form.
Some important dates for your diaries:
- EID – School will be closed Thursday 24th September and Friday 25th September for EID celebrations. We will reopen at 8.30am on Monday 28th September. Eid Mubarak to all those families who celebrate.
- 29th September 2015 – Year 6 Open Evening
School will close early at 1.25pm. Students who are entitled to a free school meal will have the opportunity to have hot food during the extended break. If this early closure causes you any problems, we can arrange for your child to stay in school until 2.50pm. Please contact the school office ASAP if you want your child to be supervised until 2.50pm so that we can make appropriate arrangements. We welcome families in from 4.30pm on the 29th September, alternatively please ring school for an appointment to be shown around by a Senior Leader.
- Saturday 3rd October we are hosting grandparent’s morning. All elders of the local community are invited to join us for tea and cake from 10am – 12.00pm. In addition, if you would like to come and have a tour of our school feel free to take advantage of this additional opportunity.
We know our young people’s success is improved when the school works in partnership with home. I would like to remind you that the first of our parents meetings is The Raising Achievement Evening. Where we will discuss how your son/daughter has settled.
Raising Achievement Evenings
- Years 10 & 11 –Tuesday 6th October 2015 5pm – 6.30pm
- Years 8 & 9 – Wednesday 7th October 2015 5pm – 6.30pm
- Year 7 – Monday 5th October 2015 5pm – 6.30pm
Thank you for your continued support. The success of our young people is at the forefront of everything we do.
Mrs D Atkinson