Today is the last day of our Summer School. The primary school children set to join Blackburn Central High School this September have had an amazing time.
They have cooked, played games together, listened to stories, enjoyed sports and discovered many more fun activities.
Today the students got to create giant bubbles on the science discovery terrace. Below are some photographs of their adventures.
We hope their summer break continues to be enjoyable, and we look forward to seeing all of our students on Tuesday 4th September 2018.
There are many recipes online for making your own bubbles, below is just one:
- 1800ml = Tap Water
- 150ml = Fairy Liquid (Green, Blue or Yellow)
- 100ml = Glycerin
- 10gr = Baking Powder
- 1gr = Xanthan Gum
- 1gr = Tylo Powder (sodium carboxymethyl cellulose, CMC) – optional
- 0.4gr = Polyox (PEO)
- Add the water and Fairy Liquid into a bucket.
- Sprinkle the baking powder while stirring the mix.
- Add 50ml Glycerin into a measuring jug or small bowl.
- Add all of the Xanthan and Tylo powders into the Glycerin while mixing with a spoon.
- Pour Glycerin and Xanthan/Tylo mix into the bucket while stirring the mixture.
- Add another 50ml Glycerin into a measuring jug or small bowl.
- Add the Polyox into the Glycerin while mixing with a spoon.
- Pour Glycerin and Polyox mix into the bucket while stirring the mixture and continue to stir for 3-4mins.
- Recommended for use with a 7mm white 100% cotton piping cord.