As of Monday 11th December 2017, any student wearing trainers will receive an hour catch up with SLT immediately after school.
This will happen every time a student is spotted wearing trainers when not in a PE lesson.
A text will be sent to inform parents/carers that the student was not in full school uniform.
A Pastoral Manager will also contact home to find out why the student is not wearing school shoes.
Students will require a medical exemption to wear trainers during non-PE lessons; If this is the case, a letter must be brought in from home explaining why you cannot wear shoes and presented to your child’s Pastoral Manager.
We expect all students to wear their uniform, be smart and presentable, both when on the school premises and when representing the school off site.
- Grey Blazer – Purple piping and BCHS badge on the left chest.
- Purple Jumper – Grey stripe around the neck & BCHS logo on the left chest.
- Shirt – Long or short sleeve plain white formal school shirt with collar.
- Tie – Clip on purple & grey tie. Additional colour stripe for each year group.
- Trousers – Grey trousers with BCHS logo below the left waist band.
- Skirt – Purple & grey tartan, knee length, stitched down box pleated skirt. Worn with either opaque black tights (minimum 80 denier) or plain black ankle socks.
- Head Scarf – Optional 2-piece. Purple inner & outer, plus year badge to be worn on top left lapel of blazer.
- Shoes – Plain black flat formal shoes, no boots.
- Coat – Plain dark coloured coat.
- Sensible school bag to fit A4 folders.
- Rugby Top – Half sleeved purple and grey quarter rugby top with black collar and BCHS logo on the left side.
- Shorts/Skort – Compulsory plain black shorts/skort with a BCHS logo on the left side.
- Tracksuit bottoms – Optional plain black tracksuit bottoms with a BCHS logo on the left leg.
- Socks – Purple football socks with black hoops.
- Suitable Footwear – Trainers for indoor use, no pumps. Football boots required for lessons on grass.
- No make-up may be worn by students in Years 7, 8 and 9.
- For students in Year 10 and 11 – Minimal eye-liner may be worn. No other make-up, foundation etc. is allowed.
- The use of fake tan is not allowed.
- Students hairstyles should be sensible and of a natural colour.
- High fashion/extreme styles or unnatural colours are NOT allowed.
- No lines shaved in eyebrows.
- Students may wear one pair of small earrings – studs or sleepers and 1 small ring.
- We do not allow nose studs, tongue studs, eyebrow piercings or any other piercings.
- Students may wear a wristwatch.
- No other jewellery is allowed.
- Scarves, hats and gloves are permitted for outdoor use and can be of any dark colour.
- An optional cagoule with the school logo on is available from Schoolwear For Less.
Uniform available from:
20-26 Church Street, Blackburn, BB1 5AL
Tel: 01254 676047
Schoolwear For Less
Unit 1, River Street, Blackburn BB1 1EG
Tel: 01254 485573