We make every effort to ensure our new starters have a smooth transition into secondary school.
Normally prior to their first official day as students we arrange a number of information, taster, and transition events for Year 6 students and their parents or carers, such as a parents' information evening, New Friends Day, Transition Days, and Summer School.
Pleased to Meet You
Due to the current global situation, and lockdown we may be unable to offer our usual transition events, but we have sent out Transition Packs which contain the following information:
We hope all our new starters will have an enjoyable and rewarding five years at Blackburn Central High School. Should you require any further information, please feel free to contact, Ms Rathore, Year 7 Pastoral Manager, or Mrs Bowker, Assistant Headteacher for Year 7 on 01254 505 700 or email@example.com.
How to Purchase School Uniform
There will be 2 ways to purchase uniform from Whittakers Schoolwear:
- Place your order online – www.whittakersschoolwear.co.uk (vouchers can not be used online)
- Ordering your uniform online means that you don’t have to leave your home. On their website you will need to click on the SHOP tab, then click on BLACKBURN, and locate BCHS school uniform.
- Please try to order as soon as possible, to avoid not having your uniform in time for the start of term in September.
- Make an appointment with Whittakers to shop in store, at 20-26 Church Street, Blackburn, BB1 5AL.
- To ensure the safety of staff and customers through social distancing, they will be operating a strict appointment only service in the shop. This means that we will not be allowing customers entry to the shop unless a prior appointment has been made.
- You will be able to make your appointment from 22/06/2020 by downloading the Booksy app (available through app stores on both Apple and Android phones) and searching Whittakers Schoolwear Blackburn or you can visit www.whittakersschoolwear.co.uk and click on the BOOK APPT tab.
- If you would like to visit their shop, please make your appointment as soon as you can after 22/06/2020. They will have extended opening hours over the summer including evenings and Sundays.
- If you find that all appointments have been taken, and the shop is fully booked, you will have no option but to order your uniform online. Anyone who turns up to the shop without an appointment will be turned away.
A message from Mrs Bowker - Assistant Headteacher for Year 7
Dear Year 6 students
I hope you are all safe and well. We are living through history right now and we will be able to look back on this time when you start in Year 7. You are part of the Blackburn Central High School family now and it would be great if you could share your experiences with us now or when you start in September.
In the coming weeks key information will be posted on this website and we will update you and your family with transition details. Please do not worry; we will do our very best to make this as smooth as possible for you in these difficult circumstances.
I look forward to meeting you all.
Mrs K Bowker
Assistant Headteacher - Year 7
Students who transfer to Blackburn Central High School outside of the normal transition period are paired up with a "buddy". A student who is in the same Progress Group the new starter is assigned to, who shares a timetable, and speaks the same language.
We have found this approach helps to reduce the anxiety and worry that comes from starting at a new school.