Our students experience a modern, world-class curriculum that will inspire, challenge and prepare them for their future as adults in the 21st Century.
Students at BCHS with Crosshill acquire the skills, knowledge, understanding, values and attitudes necessary to achieve and develop into successful learners, confident individuals and responsible citizens who will make a positive contribution to society.
All students are offered a challenging curriculum appropriate to their abilities and needs. Every student will have the opportunity to take part in learning outside the confines of the classroom, e.g. field work, residential visits, vocational visits, and external speakers.
Learning outcomes related to developing the social and emotional aspects of learning are incorporated into the learning of every student. Cross-curricular dimensions and themes are delivered, in part, through themed cross-curricular days throughout the year.
During Year 7 students also take part in the Heart Curriculum, where key ideas and skills are incorporated into relevant lessons. An overview for the Heart Curriculum is available here.
- Additional Science
- Art & Design
- Combined Science Trilogy
- English Language
- English Literature
- Hospitality & Catering
- Product Design
- Religious Studies
- Textiles Technology
We also offer:
- Art & Design – BTEC Level 1 Certificate
- Caring for Children – BTEC Level 1
- Creative iMedia – Cambridge National Certificate Level 2
- IT Application Skills – Level 2 ECDL Certificate
- Food & Cookery – NCFE Level 1 Certificate
- Health & Social Care – BTEC Level 1 Certificate
- History – Edexcel Level 2 Certificate
- Music – BTEC First Award
- Performance Skills – NCFE Level 1 Certificate
- Physical Education – BTEC First Award
- Sports & Active Leisure – BTEC Level 1 Certificate
More information on the content of the curriculum students at Blackburn Central High School follow in each academic year and for every subject is available by following the links on the left.