As part of our GCSE Spanish course we are offering an educational trip to Barcelona. This will improve students’ cultural and linguistic understanding in preparation for their examinations in 2019 and 2020.
Students will especially benefit from the trip with regards to their speaking exam, which takes place the following month and requires students to converse spontaneously about a range of topics.
This trip is open to students in all year groups, letters can be collected from Miss Rigby in MFL.
The trip will depart approximately 4:00am Saturday 16th March 2019 and return to Blackburn Central High School roughly 22:30pm Tuesday 19th March 2019. Exact departure and arrival times will be finalised nearer to the departure date.
Included in the cost of the visit
- All travel to and from airports by coach
- Return flight from Liverpool to Barcelona
- 1 item of hand luggage (small suitcase)
- 3 nights Bed and Breakfast
- Park entrance to Tibidabo Amusement Park
- Entrance to Barcelona Zoo
- Visit to Gaudí’s Basílica i Temple Expiatori de la Sagrada Família
- Magic Fountain show, a combination show of water, music and light
- Visit to Parc Guell to appreciate the incredible work of Gaudí with breath-taking views over Barcelona
- Return Montjuic cable car ride and visit to Montjuic castle
- Evening meals in central Barcelona restaurants (including a special Tapas meal)
- Visit to Barcelona beach and port
- Visit to Barcelona’s Olympic Park which overlooks fascinating monuments
- Shopping opportunities at El Corte Inglés and on Las Ramblas
The total cost of the Barcelona trip is £499 and we require a £150 deposit no later than Friday 5th October 2018 to reserve your child’s place.
The deposit should be sent to school with a signed consent slip and completed medical information form.
Deposits are refundable until the trip is confirmed with the travel company, at which point all deposits are non-refundable.
Parents will receive a payment plan once their child’s place has been confirmed. The full amount of £499 must be received by Friday 30th November 2018.
Your child will need a full British Passport and an EHIC Medical Card to participate on the visit. EHIC cards are free of charge and can be ordered online at www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcareabroad/EHIC
There will be a meeting later in the year to discuss the trip in more detail, but you are more than welcome to contact me with any queries.
Miss S Rigby
Teacher of MFL