The Junior Leadership Team is the individual and group point of view of young people within a school environment. This can include active participation, knowledge, voting, beliefs, leadership and ideas.
Additionally, the team represents the diversity of students as they come together to share and discuss ideas about their education whilst representing students’ interests.
Our Junior Leadership Team consists of students from each year group, who represent their peers and BCHS. The JLT provides opportunities for students to display responsibility, develop leadership qualities and their understanding of citizenship, while contributing to the life of BCHS.
The group will meet regularly and will be actively involved in gathering the opinion of students on whole school issues; acting as the main body of communication between students and the School Senior Leadership Team.
What is JLT?
- JLT is the individual and group point of view and actions of young people within a school environment.
- JLT will represent the diversity of BCHS students.
- Students will come together to share and discuss ideas about their education.
- Represent secondary students’ interests.
- Provide secondary students with the skills to impact their educational communities.
- Be led by students and be accountable to students.