Blackburn Central High School 2017 GCSE Results
- Progress 8 score of -0.18
- Attainment 8 score of 40.43
- 54.2% achieved GCSEs with grades 9-4 (A* to C) including English and Maths
- 31% achieved GCSEs with grades 9-5 including English and Maths
- 34.2% entered the English Baccalaureate
- 21.3% achieved the English Baccalaureate (doubled since 2015)
- 16.1% achieved a ‘strong’ English Baccalaureate (English & Maths grade 5+)
- 99.3% of Year 11 leavers moved to education, employment and training (2016)
- 97.1% of Year 11 leavers continued in education, apprenticeships or traineeships (2016)
The English Baccalaureate was introduced by the Government to recognise achievement in a range of academic and challenging subjects. It is awarded to students who achieve A*-C in each of English, Maths, two Sciences, a modern foreign language and History or Geography. Nationally less than a quarter of students achieve the English Baccalaureate.
Progress 8 is a new measure, which aims to capture the progress a student makes from the end of primary education to the end of secondary education. It is a calculation based on the performance of students across 8 qualifications.
A positive Progress 8 score means that the school is adding more than expected value to the performance of students. The greater the Progress 8 score the greater the progress made by the students compared to the average of students with similar prior attainment.
Thank you to all staff, students, parents and carers for all their hard work.
Download our latest Ofsted Report from May 2017 or follow the links below for more information on our school.