BCHS with Crosshill provide every student with a caring, inclusive, safe and secure learning environment to encourage and promote a culture of academic excellence and outstanding achievement in all aspects of school life.
Students demonstrate mutual respect and tolerance for all, promoting fundamental British values.
We are committed to serving our community both at an individual level and in broader contexts. We recognise the multi-cultural, multi-faith, cosmopolitan, diverse and ever-changing nature of society in this country.
We also understand and respond to our role in ensuring that individuals and groups within the school community are not subjected to intimidation, radicalisation or illegal influence.
We pride ourselves on the quality of the education we provide, paramount to this is the development of young people who are safe, knowledgeable, respectful, responsible and decent members of a British and global society.
Our national success has been built on a solid base of putting students at the heart of everything we do, providing them with the very best life chances.
As a school we promise to:
- Inspire and transform the learning of young people and their community.
- Establish a provision that meets the learning, social, emotional and physical needs of young people to allow them the very best opportunities in life.
- Provide personalised learning to support full social inclusion and integration.
- Embrace the latest technologies to explore and develop new and transformational ways of teaching and learning.
- A safe, happy and innovative environment where change is embraced and learning is continuous.
We ensure all of our students endeavour to fulfil their spiritual, moral, social and cultural potential during their journey through high school. We take advantage of any opportunity to develop links within our local community and encourage students to get involved, whether through supporting a local charity or a visit within the local community.
We strongly promote British Values throughout our school in an attempt to ensure all students value and respect others and are ready to become thriving members of our community.